Monday, December 17, 2012

Dear Santa and a Christmas Gift for Parents

My heart still aches due to the tragedy from Friday.
 I told the kids that we have to remember, 
but focus on the positive things in our lives as well.
So I will share some of the festive goings on in our classroom
that I had planned to share over the weekend.
First off, they wrote persuasive letters to Santa 
asking for a special gift for their mom.
Here are a few of my favorites...








This activity is available in my TPT store here.

Next, I had them brainstorm questions they would like to ask Santa.
Here are a few of their gems...





I just ♥ them!
I am sending the "originals" to Santa and
keeping copies for a class book...
I am also hooking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for
Finally, last week we worked on a project based on this book.


The kids brainstormed and wrote paragraphs about the best part of them.
Then we went to the tech lab and they typed 
their paragraphs and chose the font style.
I added their pictures to create a keepsake 
for them to give their parents for Christmas.
Here are a few...




I got frames from the dollar store for each one.




Finally, I made a hardbound book on Snapfish (50% off right now!)
Here's the cover

It has all of the kids' pictures and paragraphs 
A keepsake for ME!

I am hoping to also do it on
Studentreasures Book Publishing
and make it available for parents to buy a copy as well.

Today we did
I'll post some of those tomorrow!

So, what's new with you?







4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your "The Best Part of Me" activity. What a treasure for the parents!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you had it made into a book. Fabulous!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the above. I, too, absolutely love your "The Best Part of Me" activity! I almost wished I had a couple more days before break--then the reality set in and I think I will do it for the parents for Mother's Day! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower!

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks, 5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Mimi, I am YOUR newest fan!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your darling blog. I love the best part of me idea. I am going to try it with a similar twist!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...