Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mathmagical Monday and Currently


We have been working on double digit multiplication in math
using area models and the kids have a pretty god grasp of this, so it's time to 
move on to using the standard algorithm.
In trying to make the transition, I made this anchor chart
based on one I found on Pinterest.

and created this foldable to show where the numbers
in  the algorithm method come from.

On the inside of the foldable the kids stapled a copy of the anchor chart.

Hopefully, this will make the transition smoother.
What do you think?
Do you have any tried and true methods that work for you?
Please share!

and finally, I am linking up with Farley over at 

for the December Currently


So, What have you been up to?









6 comments:

  1. Have fun addressing your Christmas cards!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oiy, I need to do a few of things on your Currently! (Especially the Christmas present shopping..)

    I love your blog design! I'm a new follower =)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little rock stars are working on multidigit multiplication also! Love your foldable!

    Our curriculum introduces it by using a game called multiplication wrestling...so I show up with a blinged out wrestling belt and proceed to call out the numbers as if they were WWE heavy weights. (really its the same method your teaching but the kiddos buy into it!
    Thanks
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been working on multiplication too! Love the foldable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had seen this post a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the anchor chart! I'm working on multiplication as well so this will be very helpful. I noticed that your also from AZ. I'm an AZ teacher with a new teaching blog. I'm also your newest follower.

    ?Resource Room Rules

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...