Friday, January 4, 2013

Five For Friday and a Teachers Notebook Sweepstakes!

This is my first Five for Friday link up 
fiveforfriday
5 random things about my day ...

1.  I started off my day by meeting up with some teaching buddies that I used to work with.
At one time we all worked together, but we have gone in different directions.
Some of us The lucky ones have retired.
Others have changed schools.
Some of us have moved on to different districts.
Some have left teaching for a bit and have made their way back.
No matter how long between visits, we always seem to just pick up where we left off.
It was a great way to finish up my winter break!

2.  I am getting a student teacher starting on Monday,
so I have been working hard to get things organized and ready for her to jump right in.

3.  I gave up on the tables in my classroom and have switched back to the dreaded desks.
I did not like not being able to move things around for various projects and activities.
I also had a few blind spots due to the bookcases at the end of each table.
This meant that I had to empty the bookcases and reload the desks, 
new arrangement, new procedures.
You get the picture.
I'll post pics of the new setup later this weekend.

4.  I have been working on putting together my MLK unit, 
looking at everything I have, and picking up some new stuff from TPT.
Here are a couple of the ones I bought today...

MLK and Civil Rights
and
Poetry Possibilities -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
I'd love to hear what great ideas you have for teaching about MLK.

5.  I am also gathering ideas for an Inventors and Inventions 
unit that I am working on with my art teacher friend, Melissa.
We are focusing on DaVinci, but I plan to include others as well.
Please point me in the direction of any ideas that you may have!

If you want to join in on the fun.. hop on over to Doodle Bugs and see what everyone else is up to!

Teachers Notebook Tablet for the Teacher Sweepstakes!

Enter the "Tablet For The Teacher Sweepstakes" once a day between Jan. 5th and Jan. 31st for your chance to win the tablet of your choice! Enter Now
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Open to permanent legal U.S. residents & Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ as of entry date. Starts1/5/13. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT on 1/31/13. For rules click here: Official Rules. Kindle®, Kindle Fire®, Amazon®, Apple®, iPad®, iPad mini®, Branes & Noble®, Nook® are trademarks of their respective entities or affiliates. Devices are given away on behalf of Teachers Notebook, LLC. Amazon, Apple and Barnes&Noble are not sponsors of this sweepstakes.

5 comments:

  1. www.deepspacesparkle.com She is fabulous!A creative art teacher with tons of lessons for different grade levels. Just scrolling through her website will inspire you! Enjoy
    Carinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. My student teacher is starting Monday too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been one busy lady!
    I am super excited about our DaVinci unit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your student teacher is a BIG help to you too!!

    enjoy your last few days of vacation. I go back Monday too. Boo!

    Thanks for linking up with me!!

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I found your blog today! It's adorable. I joined doodle bugs as well and will link up next week! Happy New Year!
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...