Sunday, April 6, 2014

Please Adopt Me!



We have been doing a lot of reading and writing lately focusing on perspective and point of view.
For this fun writing activity, I started by sharing these fun books.




I had the kids close their eyes and imagine themselves as a dog in the pound.
(Lots of giggles and "barking" while they did this!)

Then they completed this graphic organizer describing themselves and what they were looking for in a new home.

Then they drew pictures of themselves in their cages at the pound.


Finally, they composed letters to prospective owners trying to convince them that they were the perfect dog for them!

Their letters were so cute!

File includes pre-writing/planning page and final draft pages both with and without friendly letter formatting. 


It was a fun and engaging way to get the kids writing!

And don't forget to check out the awesome anniversary deals at Educents this month!
Lots of great deals and BIG giveaway!
(But hey, if YOU don't enter, that improves MY chances of winning!)

5 comments:

  1. I love this activity - thanks for sharing it. As a rescue dog owner, I can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet letters! You have great writers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely precious! What a fantastic idea! I volunteered back in the states at my local animal shelter and took pictures of the dogs trying to make them more marketable. I was always trying to "speak" from the dog's point of view. I sure do miss those dogs.
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for writing to me on Facebook. I love meeting new friends through blogging. Create. Teach, Share is one of my favorites. Joey is amazing!!! Love this by the way. We read Dear Mrs. LaRue when we do Point of View and Perspective. It's one of my favorites since I love doggies so much!

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...